Sunday, October 7, 2012

1960's Disco Kid Costume (Simplicity 3680A)

This is what it is supposed to look like.
Each year my family has a themed Halloween party that we call the Octoberfest, or O-fest for short.  This year's theme was the 1960s.  I thought it would be fun and easy to make the girls costumes.  I went to Hobby Lobby and waited in line for a long time and ended up getting some awesome advice from the older women standing in line who were in highschool during the 1960's.  I felt great walking away from there, they assured me that I picked an easy pattern.

This is what I have so far :(



Well aside from starting out sewing the sleeves completely backwards (they are counter intuitive) and having to take them completely apart and re-doing them, the instructions leave out the part about how to connect the bodice to the skirt...well at least they do not show pictures of it.  I also think the measurements for the skirt portion are too small, it does not look like there is any possible way my child is going to fit through that tiny skirt hole, none the less once it has elastic in it.  I think am going to have to cut it quite a bit shorter in order to make the waist fit.  I think I am going to have to wing the directions...as I have no clue where to go from here, and I have a whole other one to make today!

To be continued...

Ok so here we are about a week later and I've got them finished.  I decided to just wing it and start sewing together.  I sort of pleated things. The girls and I really like how it all turned out...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I find inspiration in others as well as myself and therefor welcome your ideas. Please leave a tasteful message or constructive criticism. Any rude comments will be deleted. Thank you.