Thursday, December 29, 2011

Clothespin Art Hanger

Hang pictures with clothes pins on a string hanging from the wall in their room.  (Scroll down for the tutorial)

So I have already put a tutorial for storing kid projects so that they can still look at them whenever they want after I put them away but I had yet to come up with a good way to display all of the drawings and paintings that are coming home on a daily basis before I store them.  Not to mention we just had Christmas here so everyone was sending the kids cards that we had on a kid table in their room but they kept falling over.  Here is the solution I came up with:


I probably need to give you the back story to this photo.  It was originally a craft room and so those shelves extended all the way down the wall.  When my boyfriend and his 4 and 5 year old moved in, we converted it to a kids room.  We removed most of the shelves because they are not secure on the wall hooks and would not be safe for the kids which is why we have those long things extending down from the shelves (although there are another of different ways to hang these without needing the same setup I have). 

How to make the Clothespin Art Hanger:

Supplies:
-Plastic clothesline or any type of string or twine (from the Dollar Tree)
-picture hanging wire or several paperclips (I used 16guage jewelry wire from my stash)
-clothespins (from Dollar Tree)
-screws (optional)

1.  Make a loop in the wire (or open up a paperclip), string the clothesline through the loop and then attach the wire by stringing it through the holes, securing it with a few twists.  There are a few variations of these instructions.  You can simply place a few screws in the wall and tie the string around the screws if you do not have a fancy setup like mine.  You can also fore go the wire and attach a few screws into the shelf itself and string the clothesline that way.


2.  Hang pictures and Christmas cards with the clothespins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I find inspiration in others as well as myself and therefor welcome your ideas. Please leave a tasteful message or constructive criticism. Any rude comments will be deleted. Thank you.